In what ways do I treasure each day as a gift from God?

James 1:17(NASB)

17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or [a]shifting shadow.

Is it in the moments that I take time to look into my child's eyes and LISTEN, truly listen to what they have to say? When my daughter wants to tell me exciting news about her pet bird,my four year old is in earnest to show me his new "race car track"? Perhaps it is in the moments I look out and see the soft red, purple,pink and blue hues of a winter sunset.


2 Corinthians 4:17 (NASB)

17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
Is it when I take the time to slow down and just remember His goodness to me?

Psalm 27:13 (NASB)

13 [a]I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

 It is all around me, His mercy, His forgiveness, with out these I WOULD BE LOST. If  there was no redemption and mercy at the cross, this life of mine would be full of regrets and guilt.

Ephesians 1:7 (NASB)

In [a]Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy to all them that call on you.
Do I take the time to thank God for all these beautiful moments throughout each day? How do I react to my children when they want my attention?  Do I fully engage my self? Where are my thoughts? Rushing through life "surviving" so I can make it to the end of my day

1 Corinthians 15:58(NASB)

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

I am missing out on the fullest blessings that surround me, when I do not completely engaged myself in these fleeting moments.
Each and every day I am  given a gift called "life". What I  decide do with this life,  that is up to me. It is created in how I choose to respond to the everyday, ordinary, life events.

2 Timothy 1:9 (NASB)

who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,

When my four year old wants me to snuggle first thing in the morning, do I take the time? Do I fully immerse myself, and invest in this gift?

My priorities define how I react to life. Where are my priorities?


Matthew 6:33 (NASB)

33 But [a]seek first [b]His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be [c]added to you.
 How do I take time to stop and experience God's most precious gift... time. I cannot "wait" any longer for life to slow down, I have to make the intentional decision, and stop being so rushed. What is creating the rush? What do I NEED to cut out so that I will take time to slow down and open this gift of life?

Isaiah 40:31(NASB)

31 Yet those who [a]wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will [b]mount up with [c]wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.




 Five ways to be joyful today:
1.)Sing! Who cares if you can't hold a tune? God loves to hear us praise him!

Psalm 104:33 (NASB)

33 [a]I will sing to the Lord [b]as long as I live;
[c]I will sing praise to my God [d]while I have my being.
2.)Pray continually. God wants to hear us, our praises and request!


3.)Practice joy, in the good moments and in the difficult ones.
James 1:2-4 

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.


4.)Be thankful for all! Find ten things God has blessed you with!
Clean water, food, warm house, car that works, husband, bible, freedom to worship God, church, socks to warm my feet, beautiful sunsets.

1 Thessalonians 5:18New American Standard Bible (NASB)

18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

5.)God's perfect gift His Son Jesus Christ and the redemptive work of the cross, Jesus victory over sin and death.  Constant grace and forgiveness. Our sins laid down and the cross and that is final. We walk in victory in His grace.
For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.
--John 3:16



I live today fully expecting His blessings. I will look for His blessings in the everyday moments, they are there waiting for me to unwrapped them. In the storms, remembering that God is good and this will work out His perfect plan for my life. It is in the storms that I learn to be strong and take courage in His goodness.

James 1:2-4 (NASB)

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various [a]trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces [b]endurance. And let [c]endurance have its perfect [d]result, so that you may be [e]perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment