“Walk in Love”

"But is any man love God the same is known of him."
1 Corinthians 8:3
Do others see Jesus in me? In what ways have I shown Jesus to those closest to me today?

..."we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one."
1 Corinthians 8:4b
What idols do I have in my life? What do they look like? How do they effect my life? My walk with the Lord? Am I willing to let these(idols) go? What are the consequences
of continuing to hold unto these idols in my life?


There will be times in life when we need to put away certain freedoms liberties for the sake of another Christian. As humans and also Christians living in the freedom of Christ, we want to practice our "rights" to walk in what liberties God has given us. What I need to remember: use wisdom with my words and actions. Be attentive to the struggles and needs in the body of Christ.

We are all so different, handcrafted by our Savior for a special and unique purpose. Take care to avoid comparison. Learn the JOY of looking to Jesus. Judge only (you) by His standard of righteousness. It is not our place to judge others. When we are in fellowship with Him, He loves and accepts us right where we are.
We are HIS creation. We are HIS children. We are LOVED and CHERISHED by Him. Even at my lowest He is still there loving me. God desires to see me at the end of myself. When I reach this point I look up and that is where I meet Him. He does not serve me just punishment for all my failings, but instead lifts me up.
2 Corinthians 12:10King James Version (KJV)
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:
for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9 NSAB
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore,
I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

Open your eyes to the struggles of those around you and be Jesus to them.

Rest in His grace and forgiveness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment